Sunday, July 12, 2015

What would you do on your last day of .... freedom?

Still waiting, waiting, waiting. With my husband and kids gone for the weekend for the third week in a row (as I can't travel, they're trying to ensure I get some rest, and they are enjoying a few get-aways and quality time out of the city), time is passing by very, very, very slowly.

Soon I'll have this lovely baby to care for, but that also means being chained to routines, and - let's face it - a loss of freedom (temporarily), as my own needs, desires and whims will come last for a while.

Why is it so difficult to invest into "quality time" when I know I still have it? Exhibitions, cafes, concerts galore? I keep asking myself: "If this is your last day of freedom, what would you like to do?" And I end up vacuuming, sorting things in the house, doing some basic shopping, spending far too much time online.

On the other hand, I'm trying not to pressure myself to do things. This is probably normal "nesting instinct", the opposite of running around and doing things I'd do during a normal vacation. I'm also physically not up for running around anymore the way I did a few weeks ago. And it's probably normal that I'm turning my thoughts and actions inwards - which is where I'll need to concentrate on sooner than later.

Five days to go until my due date.

No comments:

Post a Comment