Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Pre-birth 2 - Ready, Set......

I knew from my past pregnancies that I don't deal very well with sitting at home and waiting for the baby to arrive. I've sorted everything, built all furniture, am rested, and am ready to go. I've enjoyed long walks, running errands, meeting friends, sitting in cafes. I even for the first time knitted some outfits for the baby, pre-cooked some basic meals - including a post-birth chicken soup. I read all newspapers online, and my daily newspaper cover to cover.

And I still would continue to do so, juggling things to keep myself busy (=sane), if we wouldn't have a strong heat wave that it keeping me indoors. Berlin is not a city of air-conditioning, and stepping outside into the heat and sun isn't compatible with my current state. My stomach is also too heavy for long outings.

So, I have officially entered the "get this baby out of here" phase. I still have a full 10 days until my official due date. Wish my luck/sanity until then. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment